Tuesday, July 21, 2009

trials

This past month has been... interesting. It started out great. My family came out to visit at the beginning of the month, which was really nice. I hadn't seen my dad for a few years, and so it was great to see him again. I was really worried about having the three of them, plus the three of us already currently here, staying in our two bedroom apartment together for two weeks, but it worked out. We went to the zoo together, an aquarium (which Mark loved), and a dinosaur museum. Each of them were really fun to see. Then, of course, at the end of the two weeks, they had to go back home. Mark had a really hard time after they left, but is doing better now. Hopefully I'll get to go back home soon to visit.

This week, however, has been more trying. First, Brett chipped one of his teeth and we don't don't have dental insurance. I was concerned about how much that would cost us. Then, to top that off, he got a flat tire at work yesterday, which is even more money to have to spend. I was really worried that we would have a difficult time paying bills, etc. Fortunately though, we found out at Brett's dental appointment this morning that it won't cost that much to fix it. The dentist didn't even make us pay for the exams, even though we don't have insurance and the flat tire only cost about $17 to fix.

As I thought about how much money we could've had to spend to fix everything, I realized once again how blessed I am. I have a wonderful family, both my immediate and extended (that includes you Erika). I have a wonderful husband and an amazing son. "Somehow" everything worked out so that we are able to have the money that we need for our bills and to eat. I know that "somehow" isn't really just a somehow though. I know that it's God watching out for my family and making sure everything will be okay. I am so grateful to have the knowledge that there is a god out there who loves each of us. He wants all of us to be happy and no matter what trials we may face in this life, he will help us through them.

1 comment: